And so the emergency ev is done! We’ve managed to build it cannablizing parts from another go kart-ish thing inspired by the chibikart blog, but at least it’s done!
Important things to note for the future:
- RS Components is a wonderful site as they have a warehouse in SIngapore, and they do next day delivery.
- Always check and double confirm the order that you’ve made both through your own screenshot and through the receipt they send through the email – RS Components’ website bugged out and resulted in me buying 3 bags of M12 nuts 3 times because they always sent me M8 instead and I assumed I clicked wrongly.
- McMaster has all the CAD files you could ever need.
- Waterjet can’t take files that are too complicated. Always let the auto pathing create the path and keep tweaking the file and configurations until it works – if you manually draw the paths there’s a chance that the waterjet will bug out, and in the worst case, destroy your material.
- Always buy spares of almost everything.
Now that the Emergency EV is over, I guess I could finally re-embark upon the mini amigo bot. Oh my.